I wasn't going to enter the card competition at the Stamp Convention at the Mesa Convention Center on March 3rd & 4th. Every one told me I should so I spent several hours yesterday and today working on a vellum card.
I really haven't worked with vellum that much so I did some searching online for some techniques. YouTube had some interesting videos and gave me some good ideas.
I tried a technique called Frosted Spellbinders and the first card didn't turn out the way I wanted it to so I tried again and I like this card so much better than the first one; so does my hubby :0)
I used a Spellbinder die to cut out the backing of the vellum in olive green card stock. I than cut out a piece of vellum using the same die and turned it over to work on the back side with my stylus tool. After indenting the outside bubbles I used a white pencil to darken the color in each bubble. I than followed the outline of the scallop part of the die using a smaller head on the stylus. I took a small round Spellbinder die to trace around the outside of the die in the center of the vellum and than cut a piece of very vanilla for the center piece with "Thanks" on it. Using my piercing tool I put holes throughout the piece.
I added vellum butterflies for some spice. I used distress embossing powder in tea dye to give the vellum butterflies some color. I first used white embossing powder but didn't like the white with all the vanilla in the paper on the card.
For the card itself I used Old Olive and added a piece of Purely Pomegranate behind the designer paper called Botanical Gazette all from Stampin' Up. I added lace trim and very vanilla ribbon along with half pearls in vanilla coloring.
I distressed the pomegranate paper and designer paper by roughing up the edges and using old olive ink. After distressing the paper I sewed the two pieces together around the edges.
I think this one is a keeper and will enter it. Now I need to make another style of vellum card for Saturday's contest; you can enter two in each category. I will post it when it's finished.
Here are a couple of photos of my card.