Thursday, February 23, 2012

More Vellum Cards for Competition

I can't believe how long it is taking me to create these cards for the card competition at the Stamp Convention on March 3rd & 4th!  I have spent the last two days working on the second card for the vellum category.

I came up with 2 cards and I don't know which one to enter!

I usually make two cards of every design I come up with and as of yet only one card exists for all these vellum cards! I'm enjoying working with this new medium but it's giving me a headache :0)

The first card went through several generation before this final product.   It started out with a window design by cutting a window in the center of the card using a scallop circle Spellbinder die.  I added a piece of vellum I had dry embossed with an embossing folder.  This piece is the background to this card so part of the original is present :-).  I created the flower by stamping the vellum using my French word background stamp.  I cut the vellum into 3/4" strips and running them through my Xyon sticker machine.  I cut a 1 1/4" circle using a circle punch and covering the circle with tape to adhere the vellum with.  I started on the outside of the circle gathering the vellum strip as I went around the circle.  I did the same technique on the inside of the circle and added a vintage brad in the center.  I cut out two frames using a couple of Spellbinder dies and stamped "Love You Much" on vellum for the center of the round frame.  I added 3 pearls in the upper left corner to balance out the card.




The second card I used alcohol inks on vellum scraps I had and that was a lot of fun!  After the inks dried I stamped flowers and leaves with versa mark and embossed the vellum using white embossing powder.  I cut out the flowers and leaves and attached them to vellum I embossed using small dots embossing folder.  The card needed something so I added pearls on three of the flowers and a sheer ribbon across the middle of the card.



After asking my hubby which one he liked and my friend TJ it looks like the bright spring floral card will be the 2nd card I will enter in the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment