Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Antique Button Charm Bracelet

Today's craft is a button bracelet I made using my Grandmother's buttons. 

When my Grandmother passed away I received 3 bottles of buttons and stored them away for years not knowing what to do with them.  I was surfing the web the other day and came across a bracelet made with buttons and knew what I was going to do with my Grandmother's buttons. 

This is my first attempt at making a bracelet and I'm pretty pleased with the results.  I was going to sew the buttons on a piece of elastic and found a charm bracelet kit at Jo Ann's.  The kit comes with two lengths of chain, two clasps, headpins and two different styles of jump rings.  I used the antique brass finish on this bracelet since I was working with brown buttons.

It didn't take very long to make the bracelet once I figured out what I was doing.  I laid out the pattern of buttons first and than started to assemble the bracelet.  My original pattern didn't work I couldn't use some of the buttons I wanted to so I just started to play and below in the photos is what I created.

I will be using the buttons I couldn't in this project on the elastic band, they are better suited for sewing not attaching with jump rings they are too large.  I'll post more photos when I've created more button bracelets.





No comments:

Post a Comment