Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hi Crafters...Finally I have all the cards made for this Saturday's card class!!!!

This is going to be a fun class with techniques like acrylic paint smash, acrylic paint resist, two baby wipe techniques using them as a stamp pad and making a plaid background, kissing technique and adding color with an embossing folder.

Below is a photo of all the cards we will be making in class.



The first valentine card we will be making is using a vintage valentine that I found in an antique store a couple of years ago.  I'm finally having a chance to use them.  I found a bag full of old valentines some dating back to 1939.  I love this card if I do say so myself :-)  The background is embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I dabbed ink on one side of the folder than placed my paper in the folder and ran it through my Sizzix machine to get the colored effect.   The inside of the card I embossed one side of the paper and used a dabber and lightly rubbed ink over the embossing for a different look.  I folded the ribbon, added a heart shape button, a little piece of red netting behind the vintage valentine to complete my card.



The next valentine card is the acrylic paint resist.  I used the acrylic paint dabbers that I picked up from Michael's.  The colors I used were silver, gold and copper.  I used several of my Grandmother's buttons on these cards also along with cream netting, a paper heart, small clothes pin, cream trim and a February calendar from Mystic Paper.  I embossed very vanilla card stock using clear embossing powder, dabbed the acrylic paint, blended the paint and let it air dry.  Using a paper towel rub the card stock and the paint will rub off where the embossing is; very cool effect.  I'm going to make my Mom's birthday card using this technique and add some of my Grandmother's buttons; she'll love it.



The below card is the kissing technique.  I used a butterfly stamp as the base and inked it up using cameo coral ink.  Taking a stamp with a pattern and inking it up in chocolate chip I stamped the butterfly stamp with the patterned stamp then stamped the paper.  This is a very simple technique with a cool effect.




I really like the baby wipe techniques especially using the wipes as an ink pad.  What a great way to customize colors you want to use instead of being limited to the rainbow color stamp pads on the market.



The acrylic paint smash is a blast to do.  This is really messing which makes this technique so much fun!!!!  To get the smash you apply the color or colors of acrylic paint and smash it between acetate and paper.  No need to glue the pieces together when the paint dries they are stuck together :-)  I first used the Top Note Sizzix die to cut the acetate and card stock than I stamped the acetate with StazOn ink, applied the acrylic paint to the wrong side of the acetate and smashed it to very vanilla card stock for the card with the button and white card stock to the other card.  I like the very vanilla card background the best.  Add embellishments to your card and you have a card that people ask "how did you do that?"



Enjoy your week and have fun crafting...


No comments:

Post a Comment