Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Paper Bag Album

Last Saturday I taught 2 classes; one my monthly card class and the other was a paper bag class.  While I was sending out class instructions I did a search on paper bag albums and found the coolest video on YouTube and a new way to cut and fold a paper bag to create a paper bag album.  Now I need to re-teach my class since I love this new way of creating this style of album.

The instructor of this video series is named Kathy and her blog is Paper Phenomenon.  She creates the most beautiful projects; I will definitely be checking out all her projects and tutorials on her blog.

I recently did my family tree on my mom's side of the family on Ancestry.com and I thought I would order one of there books when I was done.  Well I didn't like their format so I wanted to make my own and since I've really never done a scrapbook was getting overwhelmed on how to create my family album.  When I saw this project by Kathy I knew with was the way to go.

So far I have created the basic album so now I need to start creating the mini albums that go inside; there are 9 videos in her series and I'm on episode 2 part 1 :-)  Needless to say I have a long way to go.

Below are photos of what I have put together so far.  I will update my blog with more photos after each episode.

This is the 1st page, I still need to create the front and back cover but that's episode's 7 & 8

Page 2 showing the flap up

Page 3 which is the same as the 1st page

Page 4 with the large tag pulled out and the flap up

Page 5 with the large tag pulled out

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11 where you can see the pockets plus the large tag

Last page showing the pockets in the flap and along the side. 
 
 
 

As you can see I still have a lot to do and can't wait to create all the mini albums that go inside to hold photos, documents and more.  Than I get to decorate with all my family photos.  The goal is to have this done by Christmas this year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment