Thursday, December 8, 2011

More Flowers for Saturday's Class

I finally figured out what flowers I wanted to make for Saturday's class.  I love the Lollipop Flowers and went crazy making them.  I started making a Roll Flower but didn't like the way they turned out and another flower that I wasn't getting into so I created a Fluffy Flower and went crazy making them also in a couple of different styles.

Below are photos of the Lollipop Flowers and the Fluffy Flowers I made.  Ladies we are using fire to create the Lollipop Flowers so please do not burn my house down! :0)  I will have a bucket of water near by just in case :-)

Group shot of the Lollipop Flowers

Blue flower with black bead & feather accents

Blue flower with yellow bead and yellow & blue feather accents

Black flower with black feathers and one of my Grandmothers antique jeweled buttons

Black flower with white beads & feathers

Puffy flower group shot
Puffy flower made from Sari material

Puffy flower with double layer material in 3" squares

Puffy flower in 2" rounded square in lace
I saw a flower at Joann's that was puffy looking and I examined it to see how they made it.  I used my Sizzix die cut Fun Flowers to create the first flower using sari material.  I liked the look but knew not everyone has a die cut machine so I thought I would try making one with cutting squares.  I also added mesh and doubled up the squares and this time using my hot glue gun created the double layered flower.  The next flower I used lace and this time cutting 2" squares I rounded the end once I folded the square and really liked how this one turn out; it's more flower looking with the rounded edge.
See you on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment