Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Flowers

I'm really behind in getting this month's craft class ready; guess it's that time of year :-)

This Saturday we will be making flowers!  I love flowers and there are so many styles out there it was difficult to pick which ones I wanted to make for this class.

I have 3 styles made and more to come so check back before Saturday to see what you will be making.

We will be using material, ribbon, paper and metal for this class and I finished the metal flowers, loopy flowers and the box pleat trim flowers and have photos below.

box pleat trim flowers: these flowers are so simple to make! 

Loopy flowers: the instructions I found said to use felt which I did on the first ones than I experimented :-)

Loopy flower using material with a flatten bottle cap center

Loopy flower using ribbon: this one was challenging I don't recommend it.  You can't use hot glue on this ribbon it's too messy.  I used score tape on the base and it worked much better.

Loopy flowers using felt

Metal flowers: love these and they are really easy to make using a Big Shot, flower die cuts, embossing folders and sanding block.


There are so many things you can do with flowers it's amazing.  You can use them on your cards, in your scrapbooks, hair accessories, on picture frames and so much more.

Next month's class will be a card technique class.  Happy Holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment