Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lots of Jewelry and a Handbag!!!

I have been very busy making jewelry and experimented with a jean handbag and having so much fun!!!

I've been asked to teach a craft workshop at a belly dance event so I thought I would teach how to make magnets out of bottle caps, dominos and puzzle pieces along with a bottle cap pendant using vintage belly dance graphics.  I started flatting the bottle caps and since I'm vending my crafts at the 2nd Friday Night Out in downtown Mesa I branched out and used other vintage graphics for the bottle cap jewelry and magnets. 

Using the bottle caps I created earrings, pendants and some charm bracelets.  I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what I'm going to keep and what I will sell and at this point I'm keeping more than selling; yikes!!! :-)

I have also started creating bracelets with buttons and made up several last night using plastic buttons and metal buttons.  I need to purchase some jump rings larger than what I have to create my next button bracelet. 

While I was in the book purse making mode I created a purse out of a pair of my husband's old jeans and I'm shocked it turned out!!!  I didn't have a pattern I saw a video on YouTube were this woman cut off the legs of the jeans and hand sewed across the bottom, put a handle on it and called it a purse.  I took it a bit further and put a bottom in the purse along with lining and finished it by putting a scarf I had and two of my Grandmother's pins on the handle.  I'm really pleased how it turned out and will be making more of these purses.  I also created a t-shirt tote bag and will be making more of these also. These are great for a dance bag or taking to the grocery store.

Below are photos of some of my new creations.


















Back to creating cards for this weekend's workshop...

1 comment: