Friday, March 25, 2011

Strawberry Box Flowers

I'm making strawberry boxes for my friend Kyla who's trying to raise money for her dog Durango's medical bills.

I taught how to make these cute little boxes in one of my box classes and Kyla called me with her idea of selling the strawberries to raise funds for people who have large medical bills for their pets.  She is calling it "Strawberry Sweets Forever". 

Kyla owns Kyla's Keepsakes and makes beautiful hair pieces, jewelry and more and will be selling these strawberries when she is vending.  Here next event in town will be at Downtown Mesa's 2nd Friday Night Out on April 8, 2011.  Stop by her booth and pick up some strawberries.

Today I created something new and I call them strawberry flowers.  It's the strawberry box with a candy kiss inside that I put on a bamboo skewer with paper leaves to be placed in a vase.  A great little gift to give to that someone special for a birthday, anniversary, a thank you or just because.

Below is a photo of my new creation.  I will be giving Kyla lots of these flowers for her to sell.  If you would like some of these flowers you can contact me and I'll get them to you.


Have a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment