Monday, September 5, 2011

September 2011 Card Class

Wow two months in a row I'm early getting the projects ready for Saturday's class!  This month's class we will be learning 4 techniques and making a Crimp Envelope Card.

The techniques are: Stamped Acrylic Block Background, Paper Buttons, Poppin' Pastels and Scallop Edge Medallion.

The stamped acrylic block background is so simple.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks in yellow and orange to make the background behind the skull stamp.  You apply the ink to an acrylic block with lightest color first and dark color on the outer edge.  Mist with water and stamp onto card stock.  The inside of the card I used the same color ink but used a sponge to apply the ink and to blend it.  The bats are made using a retired Stampin' Up punch, "photo corners extra large".  I trimmed one of the points from the punch to make ears and added googlie eyes.

Poppin' Pastels is created by using versa mark and chalk.  I stamped the flower image using versa mark and with a dobber I applied yellow for the center of the flower and rose or purple chalk for the flowers; I also used green for the leaves.  I cut around the flowers to give the card a scallop look.

To create the scallop edge medallion I used another Stampin' Up punch, "scallop edge border".  I'm sure you can use any border punch you just need to figure out the size of the paper to create the medallion.

The crimp edge envelope card was another simple card to make.  Seal an envelope and cut a side off to create the top.  Apply any stamping and distressing before you crimp the envelope.  Cut a piece of card stock or several if you want to layer for the inside greeting.  I used the buttons on this project using another Stampin' Up punch, "boho blossoms punch" and a retired stamp set, "punch potpourri".  Usually you would punch two holes in the buttons to make them look like buttons but I didn't want to ruin the flowers.

Below are photos of each project along with a group shot of everything.

 
Group shot


Stamped Acrylic Block Background


Poppin' Pastel



Scallop Edge Medallion


Crimp Envelope Card

Paper Buttons


I hope the have at least one recycle mini album done before class so you can see what the special class project will look like.  This class is scheduled for Saturday Sept. 24th.  I will be posting photos when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment