Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cookie Sheet Calendar Finally Done!!!!!

I finally finished my cookie sheet calendar and it's hung on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Okay I'm still doing a few updates to it but its on the wall :0) 

I placed two mini envelopes at the bottom entitled "birthdays" and  "special occasions" to place a list of family and friend events.  I was going to place them with in the match boxes but I figured that would be too much work opening each match box monthly to see who is having a birthday or occasion.  Guess I'm getting lazy in my old age :-)

Next big project is the altered book!

2 comments:

  1. Will you do another class for this? Or do have instructions to share?
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not planning on doing another cookie sheet calendar class in the near future.

    There are several different ways you can make a cookie sheet calendar. I used small match boxes on my version but you don’t need to you can paint the cookie sheet and make a grid for your found objects and dates.

    Here’s a link to images of the variety of calendars you can design, http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS242US242&q=cookie%20sheet%20calendar&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1259&bih=736

    We covered our cookie sheets with paper, made the month plaques by covering card board with paper; I distressed the sides of all the match boxes and covered the top of the boxes with paper. I added found objects that meant something to me on top of the match boxes either adding an object that had numbers on it or used number stickers to put on an item for the date. I flattened bottle caps for the days of the week and added two die cut envelopes to hold special dates one for birthdays the other for special occasions.

    I originally thought of putting birth dates and such in side the match boxes and than I came to my senses and put them on one piece of paper in the envelope. Can you image opening all those boxes each month??? :0)

    We also made extra match boxes for special holidays like Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July, Valentines Day, etc. and placed them on the back of the cookie sheet.

    Hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete